Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Supple Skin

L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil
One of my favorite treats for the body! An amazing scented almond oil, incredibly moisturizing, leaving your skin looking sexy, sleek, silky and 100% soft. Not to mention it actually improves your skin's texture by toning, firming and improving stretch marks. What I love to do is, after shaving I like to slather this oil all over my body, and I instantly notice an improvement in my skin..even the color of my skin...goes from dry and dull to glowy and richly soft. But the scent alone is what gets me. Its a beautiful almondy aroma which is hard to describe unless you actually smell it. I would say the closest scent would be to woody vanilla with a touch of sweetness. This is the perfect item to have if you are trying to tone areas around your body after loosing weight, it is also good for improving stretch marks, but overall it is just an amazing body softener. Especially for the winter time, I would say it is a great alternative to a cream; an oil is just so much easier to apply, and it makes your body look so sexy, like your are preparing for a photo shoot. I have read some reviews about this oil, which I do not agree with, such as that is "stains clothes", or "smells rotten on the body" and also "too greasy." I did not find that being the case at all. I would have to respond by saying, first, obviously don't throw on tight clothes the second you apply it.. as with all oils, creams and lotions you want to wait at least 5 minutes for it to absorb into the skin, so put on a robe in the mean time. Secondly..to prevent anything from smelling rotten on your body... exfoliate your skin in the shower prior to that, and shave. The smell of the oil shouldn't change with the contact of your skin unless you give it a reason to! And finally, the reason why one would think it is "too greasy" is if you apply pounds of it on. You don't need so much, because the oil is very spreadable around the body, a little goes a long way. I would say one pump for each body area, arm, leg, a few more pumps for larger areas such as stomach, back and butt. P.S I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but using this product actually makes me look half a shade tanner. It does not have any tanning properties, I think the reason why I get this result is because it gives a lively glow to my body, which brightens it up making it look kinda tan. I recommend investing in this bottle, if there is one thing that is good for your skin, this is on the top of the list.
$38- 3.4 oz




No comments:

Post a Comment